Fried Venison Backstrap
by John Wolfe
* 1 (2 pound) venison backstrap, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
* 2 cups milk
* 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup milk
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
* 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
* 3 cups vegetable oil for frying DIRECTIONS
1. Place the venison slices into a shallow bowl and pour in the milk and hot sauce. Stir to coat, then cover and marinate for 1 hour.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in an electric skillet to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt and pepper.
3. Dip the venison slices into the flour, then into the egg and milk, then back into the flour. Shake off excess flour. Fry in the hot oil until lightly browned on each side, about 3 minutes. Remove with tongs and drain briefly on paper towels before serving.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Venison Recipes Page.
Copyright © 2010-2021 New York Antler Outdoors. All Rights Reserved