What Does Your Deer Weigh?
Have you ever not had the time to weigh your deer and wondered how much your that trophy buck weighed? Or maybe you just don't have your deer scale handy and want to brag about the heavy monster you just killed. Well, here's a tool to help you! This chart makes deer weight estimating easy... using just a tape measure.
Deer Weight Estimating Chart
The chart below will help you estimate your deer's live weight, field dressed weight and also edible meat weight.
How to use this chart:
1. Chest/Girth = Measure the chest just behind the front legs
2. Live Weight = Live deer on the hoof
3. Field Dressed = body cavity cleaned out (no entrails)
4. Edible Meat = Boneless edible venison
5. Weight is in pounds (lbs.)
|Girth||Live Weight||Field Dressed||Deer Meat|
Back to Deer Anatomy from Estimating Deer Weight